Nursery – wherever possible, we are flexible in our approach and will always try to accommodate the hours that you require. We offer 15 and 30 hours nursery provision.
We can provide wraparound care from Nursery to Year 6 pupils, provided by our onsite Before and After School Club “The Orchard.”
If your child was born between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020 they will be eligible to start school in September 2024. You should apply for their school place by 15 January 2024. You will be able to make your application from 9am on 6 November 2023.
You’ll get your offer (normally) on 16 April 2024 and if you’re unhappy with the decision you can make a primary school admission appeal.
Please follow the link below for Primary Admissions in Derbyshire.
For help and information from Derbyshire County Council about helping your child get ready for school, please visit:
If you would like to register an interest or apply for a place in our nursery, please complete the attached form and bring it into school with your child’s birth certificate. Printed forms are also available from the school office.
- We follow the Derbyshire County Council admissions procedure. Looked after children and/or children with SEND with an EHC plan can choose to attend our school, as the first criteria in the policy. We have Enhanced Resource School provision and our school welcomes all children to attend.
- All applications are made in line with our admissions policy. These are considered in the same way for each year group.
- Parents wishing their children to be admitted to the school, either into the reception classes or higher up the school, should complete the Local Authority admission form for submission to the governors. The Headteacher is always pleased to show parents around the school and to answer any questions.
- Applications for the reception class should be made to the Local Authority the year BEFORE your child is due to start school. The school will observe the co-ordinated scheme for admission to primary school, as published in the Derbyshire County Council Guide for Parents, which can be obtained from the Local Authority and on the Derbyshire County Council website derbyshire.gov.uk/admissions.
- The school is pleased to consider applications from families not resident in the area usually served by the school, under the criteria set out in the admissions policy
- Where applications for admissions exceed the number of places available (45 per year group), after the admission of pupils with a Statement of Special Educational Needs where the school is named in the Statement/EHCP, the criteria in the admissions policy will be applied, in descending order of priority, to decide which children to admit.