After relocating to the Wirral, my family moved back to Glossop in May this year, with my daughter joining Snowdrops (Nursery) for the final term. She has recently started Bluebells (Reception). As parents, my wife and I chose this school as we were really impressed by the vision and ethos communicated to us by Mr Woodward and we are convinced that we have made the right choice.
I would love to be a Parent Governor as I feel that I have necessary skills, knowledge and experience required to work with the other Governors in supporting the Head to further raise standards at the school. I am committed to making a difference so that all children at the school achieve the best possible outcomes whilst also developing as well rounded and confident individuals.
I am a Strategy Manager at Stockport Council where my role involves working with service users and partners to understand issues, identify solutions, shape priorities, produce strategic plans and deliver service redesign.
Over the last few years I have been involved in a range of activities including:
– Providing oversight of the performance of our Children and
– Education Services Directorate;
– Led a Poverty Insight investigation using a Community
– Reporters approach to capture stories of lived experience and led on the development of a Poverty Monitor to track inequalities;
– Managed community grant fund which distributed over £350,000 to local community groups;
– Led the strategic planning for the delivery of a joined-up service approach to asset-based community development including setting targets, performance measures and resource allocation;
– Built, maintained and led partnerships to deliver outcome-based programmes (including Sure Start Children’s Centre Advisory Boards);
– Project managed a variety of deliberative engagement projects designed to improve access to healthier food, reduce smoking and increase screening uptake;
I enjoy fell running, watching Stoke City, supporting Howard Town Brewery and trips in the caravan with my family.